Subject: [Leica] Re: LUGFilm Processor offers scanning, on-line posting as option
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@flashcom.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 07:06:20 -0700

On 5/6/00 4:02 AM, Andre Jean QUINTAL at megamax@abacom.com wrote:

> Maybe is this even a sign that slide film
> could make a come-back or regain some market share,
> as computer monitors easily outperform ugly slide prints.

Where do you get the idea that this has anything to do with slides? Club
Photos ads I've seen all indicate print film.

Second of all, you forgot a qualifier - ugly CHEAP slide prints.

Print film has com a long way and can match slides for sharpness and are
superior in controlling contrast. But if you're going to project, or
publish, your photos, slides are still a better choice for many reasons.

It's not either/or. On top of that, ClubPhoto being determined the best by a
PC Magazine tells me nothing. What do they know about photo quality? They
probably have a different set of requirements than a photo magazine would
(like how cheap and painless is it?). Reminds me of Seattle Film Works. As
the old saw goes, you get what you pay for.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.