Subject: RE: [Leica] Leicas in NYC
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 19:35:53 -0400

I walk around NYC frequently with my M6's.  Just don't keep them around
your neck.  Any camera would stick out like that.  Just 2 weeks ago, I saw
a guy standing at 5th/58th with an M4-P & 35/2 taking street shots.  He had
the camera in his hand with the strap around his wrist, which is the way to
go.  Other bodies or lenses should be in a belt pack or small closed case.

The bottom line is that NYC is like any other big city.  Use your brain:
stay out of situations and areas where you shouldn't be, be alert, don't
advertise your equipment, and have a good time.

Skip

At 05/03/00 11:22 AM  -0400, you wrote:
>If you survive, and I'm not saying you will, someone will surely steal your
>Leica.  On the other hand, using the same common sense you would use in any
>other city will provide adequate prophylaxis.  Don't cross the Mayor,
>though.
>
>     Buzz Hausner

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ