Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R: Is It Worth It?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:23:53 -0400

At 04:47 PM 5/3/00 +0100, you wrote:
>There is always a lot of discussion about the R8 - does anyone use the R6? I
>had a serious look at this and it seems to be a great camera. The prices
>second-hand are very low. Is there as problem with it?
>
>I heard a rumour that Leica is thinking of dumping the R6 and putting a
>mechanical camera into  the R8 body.
>
>Julian

Julian -

I use the R6.2 and the R8.  The R6.2 is a wonderful camera - much smaller
and lighter than the R8.  It handles more like an M than the R8.
I'm not sure about the difference between the R6 and 6.2, but the 6.2 is
still in production.  If I need a really wide angle or macro and I will be
carrying the camera for any distance, I take the R6.2.  I prefer the R8
when I need to use flash, though.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com