Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Some of Life's Dumps
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:42:59 -0400

At 12:24 PM 5/3/00 +0400, you wrote:
>There's no need for a long message about that. Those people need birth
>control,
>not cameras. With birth control in place, they wouldn't be living on a garbage
>dump in the first place.
>
>Bernard

Until the infant death rate is improved, birth control is not an option for
most people in developing countries. Their children are all they have to
support them when they are unable to work due to illness or age.  Families
that I visit often have two or three children with the same name, because
the parents want one child with that name to survive.  It was not that
different 100 years ago in the USA.  Large families of 10 or 12 children
were not unusual at all.  When living conditions improve and the people can
worry about something other than where their next meal is coming from or
what disease might devastate them next, families do limit the number of
children they have.  They want a better life for their children as much as
you do for yours.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com