Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Anyone use Xtol Developer?
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:20:29 -0700

I ran TMX in Xtol last night: 1+1 dilution for 14 minutes at 68F. I know
the recommended time is 9.25 minutes, but I get serious underdevelopment
at any dilution when I go with the recommended times for TMX (or TMY for
that matter). Go figure.  My rule of thumb for Xtol and Tmax emulsions
is to take the recommended time and increase it by 50%.

I get very consistent development with Xtol and Ilford Delta 100/400 with
the recommended times, so when I run through my stock of TMX I'm going
to stick with Delta for the foreseeable future. It seems to me in any
case that Delta is more forgiving on developer and fixer capacity anyway.

Byron.