Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Caps, Straps, and Cases Suggestions
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:32:05 -0500

>As a soon to be M6 owner, my thoughts have turned to caps, straps, and cases.
>
>I'll be getting a 35/2 asph to start.  It comes with a shade.  On my other
>cameras, I like to leave the shade (no filter) on all the time, and put a
>cap over the shade.  Is there such a thing with the shade I'm getting?  I
>know some of the Leica shades are square, which seems to me like it might
>be difficult to find what I'm looking for.
Excellent choice of lens! My favorite.
Comes with a nice flexible cap and great hood put the cap in your pocket.

>What about neck straps?  Leica sells a neoprene model.  Are these OK, or
>is perhaps a third party strap better?
The one that comes with the M6 is pretty OK and real adjustable
from short to very long.
The neoprene model would be better on a big heavy camera. Its really
heavyduty. Too much for an M, IMHO.

>What about cases?  I've heard of a Leica 1/2 case .... whatever that is???
>(anybody care to enlighten me?)  Seems to me that a good case would be
>sort of a leather pouch deal that you can bunch up and cram in your pocket
>while shooting.  Any suggestions?
If you need to carry more than just the camera the Domke 803 is pretty
popular. Its a smallish briefcase bag that does not scream "camera in
here - steal me" It'll carry a single camera or a small Leica system.
If the camera only just put it over your shoulder and go.

>The members of the LUG have been very helpful to me so far, and I thank
>you all for that.  Sorry to be such a nuissance ... but it is very
>tempting to ask here because the depth of knowledge is so great.  (I
>promise to return the favor when I have something to contribute (ask me
>about Contax 645s off list if you want!))
Thanks for the 645 tips John.

Henry Ambrose