Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Caps, Straps, and Cases Suggestions
From: "Michael E. Berube" <mberube@snapdragontech.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:43:01 -0400

At 11:32 AM 4/26/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >As a soon to be M6 owner, my thoughts have turned to caps, straps, and
> cases.

Now I don't have an M6 yet, but when I do, I'll probably get another Domke
Gripper (tm) strap. It's thin, (I use the smallest one) cotton with rubber
grips woven its overall length. Comfortable for my heavy metal manual
cameras and I occasionally use it on my CL so it's good for smaller lighter
cameras too. I placed short strap extensions with jump rings on my cameras
and reversed the thin straps on the Domke strap. This way when I take the
strap off I can clip on and use a smaller wrist strap and I don't have the
clips scratching the body of the camera. I usually don't use a neck strap
as it screams "tourist" and has nearly choked me before and I never use a
half case/never ready case with my cameras as it slows reloading and is
more of a nuisance than protection. For an overall outfit case, I went to
Wilson's Leather (franchise mall store in the US) and got a nice heavy
gauge saddle leather bag and dropped a Domke 4 section insert into it for
1/3 the cost combined of any pro bag that I'd want. It also now looks like
a nicely worn book bag with no labels on it and not something that cameras
would be found in. (not that it usually leaves my shoulder unless I'm
sleeping.)  ;-)

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com