Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Caps, Straps, and Cases Suggestions
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:43:36 -0500

snip
Johnny Deadman  wrote:

>STRAPS!!! Now we're talking!!!!
>
>For me, there are only two choices. Either very thin cotton webbing
>domke-style straps, or the deliciously soft old Nikon webbing straps. I
>think Tom A has one on his black M2... we were playing 'who has the best
>strap' and I thought I did until he showed me his. I found one in a camera
>store just recently and they gave it to me for free.
>
>I hate the current leica strap as it cannot be wrapped around the palm
>comfortably.
I think the ideal strap would be one that was similar to the current
factory supplied M6 strap but with a center section of some soft material
instead of the hard rubber. I'd like ventilated neoprene. That nice Domke
type canvas would be fine as well.

I have several Zing straps made with a smallish neoprene pad but they
come with those darn quick release things that I have to cut off - then
they are just the right length for the "short carry" meaning that they
are just barely long enough to allow shooting a vertical with the strap
around my neck. They are comfortable even with an F5 and a 80-200 (as
much as that can ever be comfortable). If you use a heavy camera I highly
suggest you try one of these. (Its the cheapest, smallest one they make -
the other models are way too heavily built.

My "long carry" is where the strap is adjusted long enough to go over my
neck and across my chest letting the camera ride just above my hip. For
this the factory M6 strap is OK but after all day the rubber pad is
pretty irritating. So maybe I'll combine a factory strap and a Zing.

Henry Ambrose