Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica quality issues
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:12:27 -0700

FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/24/00 2:51:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:
>
> << 90 Elmarit
>  on my Leica M! Certainly better than the Nikkor Zooms I've had much
> experienc >>
> You say it is substantially better than the 90 2.8? - do you have a recent
> version with the latest coating?
> Bob figlio

I often can't tell the difference on the contact sheet as I am often in the mode
when I am switching back and forth between these two lenes.
And they of course are not the same focal length a real "family" away and don't
make fore a true real good direct comparison.
Like the difference between a 150 and 250 on the Hasselblad!
So IMO and experince the 90 Elmarit and 135 F3.4 APO-Telyt-M make a good team. I
would pass up the 90 Summicron APO ASPH in a pinch but I think I'm doing OK the
way I am. These are not light lenses already!
Mark Rabiner
The 135 F3.4 APO-Telyt-M does not put the 90 Elmarit to shame. I think it is
harder to make a 135 so the match up perfectly.