Subject: Re: [Leica] easels?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:18:28 -0700

"Gary D. Whalen" wrote:

>    I'm looking for a new "large" easel (16" x 20").  Just received the
> Saunders UA1620 and wasn't too happy with it.  Seems to be out of square
> and not level.  Two traits that are not consistent with quality easels.
>
>     Anyone in this group have any strong recommendations concerning a
> 16x20 easel?  Thanks.

I have two Saunders easels I'm not sure if the Koseners are out there any more I
like mine.
Saunders makes a higher end "master easel" with knobs instead of slider-grabbers.
Like on my 20x24 Saunders which cost more than my enlarger
The Beselers you see out there now are definitely a step down from the Saunders
My 11x14 Saunders is due for an upgrade as it is 30 years old and I got it used
I've wanted to get the master easel but this thing just works.
If your blades are not square and you can't just bend them back into place I'd
send it back and get another one.
Or move up to the master.
At the renal lab the have regular sanders not the masters and I'm used to
dealing with abused ones.
I've had to resort to a pice of tape to keep the blades square on occasion as is
the norm there.
Mark Rabiner