Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Leica Winder M Info Please
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:41:46 -0600

I have heard of two kinds of Winder M experiences: one, very positive with
no complaints; and two, negative with locked cameras and damaged shutters. I
talked to Gerry Smith of Kindermann about this and he is not a big fan of
the winders. They are only safe when used as a single shot winder and only
on the higher speeds (1/60 and above). He made me promise to lift my finger
off the shutter release between each exposure and NEVER use it on the medium
or slow shutter speeds. None of my stuff was under warranty, they had no
more winders to sell, and they had no Leica Germany breathing down their
backs so I think he was telling the truth. Be careful. If it works....
great! But do not push your luck.

John Collier