Subject: Re: [Leica] Pay Pal payments
From: Van Barletta <van@theramp.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 05:50:27 -0500

Uh, just for the record, PayPal does not use email (nor does Joeschlock.com,
for that matter). It uses a secure web connection, and is as safe as Amazon.
When you make a payment, the recipient is notified by email, but the payment is
made via the web.  What makes PayPal scary is the liability limit.  If someone
intercepts my bank account password, the worst they can do is pay my bills for
me, but if they were to get my PayPal password (no kids, it's not *Leica*) they
could pay any registered user they want $500 (more if I've authorized a higher
limit) up to I think $10K for all payees, and I'm not sure what recourse I
have.  It's not like losing your credit card.

Van Barletta
 (and thanks to Brian for explaining why my earlier post on this never made it)