Subject: [Leica] Leica quality issues
From: Tom Bowen <cptbowen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 19:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

I'm new on the list but have a question I would like
to bring up, and thats on the recent lack of quality
control on my last two purchases.

My Noctilux had to be returned to Leica USA for
replacement because of a bright spot in the middle of
the lens due to faulty coating applications.

Then 2 weeks later I order the new 135mm APO f3.4 and
the aperture ring sticks and grinds when you try to go
between f3.4 & f4.5, it will be returned as soon as I
get a chance to pack it up and ship it.

For what Leica charges for these items I think they
should be more thorough before letting them out the
door.  Has anyone esle experienced similar problems
recently?

Tom Bowen
cptbowen@yahoo.com