Subject: [Leica] Great Weekend for Bargins
From: E Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 19:31:54 -0400

Even though the weather here in the Northeast ( USA) has been horrible - 42
deg. and raining ( my sympathy to those who live in Seattle - that's why
they drink so much coffee - days like this make you want to take a nap
forever).  Anyway I stapped into my local photo emporium - big collection of
oddball cameras most of which don't work.  Nice people tho'  The owner was
working and I asked if she had any Leica and out comes a very nice looking
MR meter with battery and box - it works and she only wants $50.  Next she
brought out a IIIF RD which was nice but what made it really nice was the
original Red Fuzzy box that it came in, leather case, strap and cable
release - all this for $400. It also had a pre -WWII 50/3.5 with lens shade.
I told the lady ring it ALL up!

If the weekend wasn't complete enough a trip to The Geo. Eastman House to
see Salgado's travelling exhibit.  Absolutely stunning.  The pics for the
most part HUGE - 24 x 32 (? if that is a real measurement?) absolutely
stunning in their printing.  My wifes says - " Now let me understand you
correctly dear..... you have an M6 like Mr. Salgado right? yes ..... You
have a 35 or 21 ASPH like this man right?  yes......... Then what so very
wrong with your pictures??? ( I could see this was comming)  Anyway just a
great time.

Ernie