Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Advice re Classic M6 please, now: OFF topic
From: Evilboy <BernardDelgado@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 13:49:47 -0700 (PDT)

So Perhaps we should refer to a regular old NonTTL M6 as a 'STANDARDM6' as
opposed to "classicM6" ?

From the LUG:

                                                        Date: Fri, 21 Apr
2000 06:49:18 -0700
                                                        From: TM
<leicar8@earthlink.net>
                                                        Subject: Re: [Leica]
Re:  Advice re Classic M6 please, now: OFF topic

                                                        Well said, Mark! The
black paint M6 Leica is hyping/offering through the LHSA is,
                                                        to some extent, BS,
for the M6 is not in the same league as the earlier Ms
                                                        regarding internal
parts, external finish, and overall appearance. It is, though,
                                                        a slick means by
which Leica yearns to add additional revenue to its bank account
                                                        beyond sales of
standard equipment.

                                                        Terry

                                                        > Thanks Rick!
                                                        > Much as I love the
M6 it is not classic. An M3 is classic. Even an M4 in its
                                                        > various
incarnations is classic to me.
                                                        > The M6 is the
culmination of a classic camera going through what it had to to
                                                        > get to where it
had to go but ain't classic in a way I like to use the word.