Subject: Re: [Leica] Ideal M travel lens combination
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 02:51:16 -0700 (PDT)

- --0-1025202362-956224276=:6984

Kim,

In the end only you can determine which lenses are the right ones for your kind of photography. My travel outfit (when I am flying or taking the train and therefore need to travel light) consists of two M6s and the 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 90mm and 135mm lenses. All of this fits in either a Billingham Alice or a Domke F-803 satchel. If I were to shave this to a really bare bones outfit, then it would have the 24mm, 35mm and 90mm lenses. Having never tried the 21mm lens, I cannot compare it to the 24mm. But I can say that the 24mm Elmarit is a fantastic lens, the best wide angle I have ever used.

Nathan

Kim Lau <kimlau@hotmail.com> wrote:
Dear LUG:

What are your thoughts on an ideal travel M system (up to 4 lens) with 2
bodies (0.72 and 0.85)? I would have a body loaded for color slides and the
other for black and white. I like the 50mm and 90mm focal lengths and am
considering the 50mm Summilux and 90mm ASPH APO Summicron. Would you choose
a 35mm ASPH Summicron and 24mm ASPH Elmarit combination with the above or
pair them with a 28mm Elmarit and 21mm ASPH Elmarit? Another possible
combination would to go for the Tri-Elmar ASPH with the 21, 50, and 90 lens.
Do most users like the 21 over the 24 for interior architecture
photography? Your input is much appreciated.

Kim Lau
kimlau@hotmail.com

Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-1025202362-956224276=:6984

<P>Kim,</P>
<P>In the end only you can determine which lenses are the right ones for your kind of photography. My travel outfit (when I am flying or taking the train and therefore need to travel light) consists of two M6s and the 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 90mm and 135mm lenses. All of this fits in either a Billingham Alice or a Domke F-803 satchel. If I were to shave this to a really bare bones outfit, then it would have the 24mm, 35mm and 90mm lenses. Having never tried the 21mm lens, I cannot compare it to the 24mm. But I can say that the 24mm Elmarit is a fantastic lens, the best wide angle I have ever used.</P>
<P>Nathan</P>
<P><B><I>Kim Lau &lt;kimlau@hotmail.com&gt;</B></I> wrote:<BR>
Send online invitations with <a href="http://invites.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Invites</a>.
- --0-1025202362-956224276=:6984--