Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT: Frankfurt Travel Question(s)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 00:07:01 +0200

Jeffrey,

Frankfurt is a business city, the financial capital of Continental
Europe. As such, it may not be the greatest sight-seeing place. If you
have time, a trip to Wetzlar (the original site of Leitz) and Solms (the
current Leica Mecca, about 10 km from Wetzlar) may be worth it. Also,
one of the best mail order dealers in the Leica world, Foto Hobby, is in
Frankfurt. I have never been there in person, but have bought several
things from them online. Their web site is www.foto-hobby.de. It may be
worth a visit. And if you have spare cash, between the strong dollar and
the fact that you can shop tax-free you should be able to find really
good bargains.

Nathan