Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice for a New M6 TTL Owner
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:46:30 -0700 (PDT)

Dan Honemann writes:
 > [...]
 > I still haven't decided on the finder mag. yet, but am inclined towards the
 > .72x since I am planning on getting a 35 mm lens at some point, and I'm an
 > eyeglass wearer (the 35 framelines on the higher mag. viewer are therefore
 > tough to see).  On the other hand, I plan to shoot the 90/2 APO _a lot_,
 > wide open and at close distances, so that's a compelling reason to choose
 > the .85x.  Anybody have experience (good or bad) shooting the 90 APO this
 > way with a .72 finder?

If you're not going any wider (with _this_ body) than 35, I'd
seriously consider the high mag finder.  I really appreciate the high
mag finder with my 75/1.4 and 90/2.8 lenses, and find that it works
just dandy with the 35.  I do have to glance around the frame a bit to
check the edges, but haven't felt constrained by it.

 > [...]
 > Finally, I've decided on the silver chrome body and black lenses.  That's my
 > compromise between an aesthetic love for chrome and the weight savings of
 > the black aluminum lens casings.
 > [...]

Oh, you can't do *that*!  Everybody knows that the one true color
combination is, errr, uhm.... :)

g.