Subject: RE: [Leica] Advice for a New M6 TTL Owner
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:40:39 -0400

> Why then do you get yourself a TTL? Pay for something you don't use? Get a
> classic M6 with full warranty on special offer and save a quarter of the
> price, or more

I prefer to buy from a local shop (esp. since this is my first), and none of
them carry the classic anymore.  Another reason forthcoming...

> With hindsight, I am now of the opinion that the second body should be
> bought before the third lens. You will have more picture
> opportunities with
> two bodies and two lenses  than with one body and three lenses if you want
> to use both 3200 film and 400 film. With one body one always has the wrong
> film in the camera.

This is useful information, Christer; I appreciate it very much.  I will
likely do the same, although not to use different speed films so much as to
use different focal length lenses.  In that respect, it would be nice to
have the .85 finder on one body (with a 90 Summicron), and the .72 on the
other (with the 35).  And so another reason emerges for getting the TTL
(despite not using flash): a consistent interface (read: shutter speed dial)
between both bodies with different finder magnifications.

> If I can get a demonstrator lens with full guarantee I buy it
> regardless of wheather it  is black or chrome.

Good point, and here's where I _can_ comfortably incur some savings: used
lenses.

> I have two M6 bodies, there I find it convenient to have one black and one
> chrome, that avoides mixing them up, but that is of course only helful as
> long as you always keep high speed film in the black body and low speed
> film in the chrome one (or the other way round).

Nice!

Thanks for your comments,
Dan