Subject: [Leica] R8 Motor Drives - Report from Thailand
From: "James R. Nelon" <jnelon@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 21:18:24 +0800

Just returned from a week shooting hill tribes in NW Thailand with my
two new R8 motor drives. The drives were a dream. I was able to continue
to shoot, concentrating on the subject without removing the R8 to wind
the film. I got a lot of great shots due to the subject automatically
relaxing after the first shot, only to get THE shot the second time
around. I had used winders/drives exclusively with my R3's and R7
before, and I'd forgotten how important they are for real field work.
The shutter buttons, the rewind level and the other settings worked
flawlessly even in the humid 95 degree 90+ % humidity (this is the
hottest time of the year in the area we were shooting.)

Jim Nelon