Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Old Leica look/ new Leica look?
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:25:45 -0500

Jim Brick wrote:

>I have a 24/2.8 ASPH, 35/1.4 ASPH, 50/1.4 Summilux, and 75/1.4 Summilux.
>
>The 35/1.4 ASPH is probably the finest M lens I own. Perhaps one of the
>finest M lenses made.
>
>The 50/1.4 Summilux is the M lens I use most often. It and the 75/1.4 have
>a "look" that is unique. Unobtainable, I believe, by other manufacturers
>lenses or with modern Leica lenses.
>
>Jim

Jim,

Does this mean that your 50 Summilux is an older lens? Or the current
version?
I have 24, 35 50, 75, 90. Love 'em all

I think I notice something different about the 75. Beside that its the
only f1.4 lens I own and that it is huge. It seems to have a " look" all
its own. Not just at 1.4 but stopped down also.

Do you think the current 35 Summliux ASPH fits into a "family" along with
the 50 and 75?
Same kind of look? Or different?

The 24, 35f2 ASPH, and current 50 f2 all seem to fit together in a
similar color and feel.
(for me) All very neutral - best word I can come up with to describe
them. The 90 Elmarit M also seems to fit there too.

Does anyone else see family resemblances in any group(s) of Leica lenses?

Henry Ambrose