Subject: Re: [Leica] Resurgence of B&W?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 21:31:15 +0000

>Big Yellow doesn't seem to agree that there is a resurgence of interest in
>B&W. I was checking their website for information on Toning B&W papers.
>Found a list of various papers and the effects of their toners at different
>dilution but noticed a little asterisk by certain of the papers. Thinking
>this was going to be some technical exception I scrolled down the page to
>find that the footnote to ELITE Fine-Art, KODABROMIDE and EKTALURE read:
>*To be discontinued by year end 1999 or when inventories are depleted.
>
>I haven't seen much in the way of an announcement of replacement products,
>especially not fibre based papers.
>
>--
>David Prakel

I do not see much in terms of support for B&W paper and chemicals by Kodak
in my part of the woods either. It has also been a futile attempt
convincing them to bring in XTOL. I see a lot of Ilford and Agfa B&W papers
and films. IMO, the marketing gurus at Rochester are concentrating on APS,
digital and colour films.

Dan K.