Subject: [Leica] Leica spotting
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:09:11 +0100

With half a film to use up I ventured into Salisbury Cathedral (UK) to get
out of the bitterly cold wind and driving rain that we call 'Spring' here in
England.   The day had been tempered by waking up to an inch of snow in
April which is more than we usually get all winter!   So, armed with tripod
and R8 I approach the nave to photograph the stained glass window only to
find a retired guy with a beat up tripod and battered camera already in
prime position.   And yes, you have guessed it, it was an M4-2 with a 28mm
lens (not Leica but 'R???' as he was fast to point out, claiming it was as
good as any Leica lens).   Needless to say we got talking and it turned out
that he had used and owned just about everything, his current arsenal being
5" x 4", 6x8cm and 35mm, but he much preferred his M4-2 above all others,
including a M6.

A good meeting in a wonderful building, all helped by the sound of the choir
practising in the altar stalls, and a group of American tourists who had
just flown in from Texas where it was 95F instead of the 40F we had.

Gerry