Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica foto n=3_and_the_eFilm_
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 05:58:45 +0200

Dominique,

I like technology. I was a user of the original IBM PC. I was using the Internet
long before most people had heard of it. I like gadgets and would not be caught
anywhere without my PDA. But in my photography, digital only has a role to play on
the output side. So far I have not seen anything on the taking side (i.e. cameras)
to interest me. I like the following attributes in my cameras:

- - best optics that can be had, given the format
- - simple, manual operation
- - ability to operate the camera with dead batteries
- - and a host of other attributes.

The day there is a digital camera that satisfies these conditions, I will consider
one.

Nathan

Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:

> Nathan,
>
> Interesting because your answer is a typical reaction facing a new technology.
>
> In 1925, the first Leica was gunned down by professionnals in the same
> manner.A field camera was so good...and the 35mm film so bad.
>
> And, at the end of the fifties, Ernst Leitz III did not believe in a reflex
> camera. A M with a Visoflex2 was so good...
>
> IMHO digital camera is the future. My next purchase will be a digital
> camera, not a Leica camera. And, anticipating the end of the "classic
> camera" (in 2004), I'm going to disinvest in Leica by selling slowly my gear.
>
> Dominique

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman