Subject: RE: [Leica] Off topic but worth reading
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:56:38 -0400

Not to be the eternal cynic....but as a former reporter who often covered
the CDC...

IF this were real, there would be a far more general warning put out - as in
releases to the news media to warn the public - rather than 'here's an
Email, pass it on.'

And to suggest that the is ready to let 15000 people be infected with a
highly lethal microbe rather than "panic" people by saying "throw out your
bananas and don't buy any for the next three weeks," is utterly absurd.

Did this notice arrive by Black Helicopter?