Subject: [Leica] Latest HUMAN TRAFFIC pix up / Voigtlander 75 pix / APX 400
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 15:58:06 +0100

Those of you on the streetphoto list (plug plug) will know about this
already, so please skip, but for the rest, here are links to the latest
offerings from my HUMAN TRAFFIC project are up at:

    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/humantraffic/index.html

Portfolio 9 is a regular selection of recent shots, mainly using the
pre-asph Summilux 35 plus a couple of Elmarit 28 shots.

Portfolio 10 is a round up of pictures from the early days of the project,
before I had a filmscanner, which I've only just got round to scanning. This
stuff is almost all the 35 lux. I can't tell whether it shows there's been
any progress in the project; I know I feel like I've moved on a lot but how
much that shows in the pictures is moot.

Portfolio 11 is a bunch of shots from this Saturday, all taken with the
Voigtlander 75/2.5, which is a really lovely little lens and extraordinarily
sharp, even wide open.

On a whim, I shot the most recent stuff on Agfa APX 400, which I'd heard
nice things about. And... it's lovely. In Xtol 1:1 the grain is much sharper
than Tri-X, but I would say roughly the same size. Overall the pictures look
far sharper on the Agfa film. Underexposure latitude is much less than TX,
but the payoff for this is really assertive blacks and a really wonderful
shadow gradation... very rich, not a trace of muddiness. Again, better than
TX. I haven't really encountered it overexposed yet, so can't comment on how
the highlights are handled, but I am very tempted to stick with this for
situations where it can be fully exposed.

Comments on the HT pix welcome as always.

- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk