Subject: Re: [Leica] "Stock" options
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:48:03 -0800

At 12:59 PM +0000 4/1/00, Donal Philby wrote:
>Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>>
>> Gerry,
>>
>> How is the speed of this program, and does it do good thumbnails? I have
>>tried
>> Thumbs Plus, which is OK but quite slow when doing a contact sheet from a CD
>> with 50 MB+ files. The contact sheet feature in Adobe Photoshop 5.5 is quite
>> useless as you cannot even vary the font size so that if you have a file
>>name
>> longer than 8 characters it is lost. I am always in search of a good
>>thumbnails
>> program.
>>
>> Nathan
>>
>> Gerry Walden wrote:
>>
>> > I have to agree with the other LUGers who have recommended the Extensis
>> > Portfolio program.   I use it extensively and I am now in a position
>>to post
>> > people (clients etc.) an indexed catalogue of both my slide library and my
>> > monochrome work in searchable form on CD rom.
>>
>Also consider a program called Fetch.  You can index all your images on
>CD, leave the file names/thumbs on the HD and when you call them up it
>tells you which CD to load.  Does key works and other stuff too.  A
>friend set up the SD Padres team photo library using this system and it
>works fine.  And they will do a hundred pix a game, 160 games a year
>plus other stuff.
>
>donal
>__________
>Donal Philby
>San Diego
>www.donalphilby.com

Extensis Portfolio is the descendant of Aldus Fetch. Same program, later
version. As I suggested berfore, try iView Multimedia from
http://www.scriptsoftware.com. Shareware, and has various improvements over
Portfolio (previously Fetch).

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design