Subject: Re: [Leica] "Stock" options
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 12:59:15 +0000

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Gerry,
>
> How is the speed of this program, and does it do good thumbnails? I have tried
> Thumbs Plus, which is OK but quite slow when doing a contact sheet from a CD
> with 50 MB+ files. The contact sheet feature in Adobe Photoshop 5.5 is quite
> useless as you cannot even vary the font size so that if you have a file name
> longer than 8 characters it is lost. I am always in search of a good thumbnails
> program.
>
> Nathan
>
> Gerry Walden wrote:
>
> > I have to agree with the other LUGers who have recommended the Extensis
> > Portfolio program.   I use it extensively and I am now in a position to post
> > people (clients etc.) an indexed catalogue of both my slide library and my
> > monochrome work in searchable form on CD rom.

Also consider a program called Fetch.  You can index all your images on
CD, leave the file names/thumbs on the HD and when you call them up it
tells you which CD to load.  Does key works and other stuff too.  A
friend set up the SD Padres team photo library using this system and it
works fine.  And they will do a hundred pix a game, 160 games a year
plus other stuff.

donal
Donal Philby
San Diego