Subject: Re: [Leica] "Stock" options
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 09:54:49 +0100

on 3/4/00 6:48 am, Henning J. Wulff at henningw@archiphoto.com wrote:

> Extensis Portfolio is the descendant of Aldus Fetch. Same program, later
> version. As I suggested berfore, try iView Multimedia from
> http://www.scriptsoftware.com. Shareware, and has various improvements over
> Portfolio (previously Fetch).

Henning is too kind! Portfolio doesn't deserve to have any users. iView is
ten times better (I've used it for three days now!!) and far cheaper. It
adheres to Mac interface guidelines (ie it works as you expect it to); it
asks you if you want to save when you hit the close box; it handles every
media type you can throw it it; its preview options are much wider; its
'annotation' ie keyword & captioning facilities are much more intuitive...
in short it rocks! The best $30 you'll spend this month.

- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk