Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit-R 2.8/19mm
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:51:52 +0100

Arne

I think that I have already passed brief comment on the 19mm R lens here,
but I have had further opportunity to use it.   I must first say that I
shoot quite a number of building interiors as two of my main clients are
major building contractors here in the UK, working on substantial
refurbishments for clients such as IBM, the armed forces etc.

Prior to the change to Leica R8 about one month ago, and the purchase of
this lens, I was using an EOS1 with a 20-35mm zoom.   To put it bluntly (and
to use an English expression) the Leica lens knocks spots off the Canon one
in both contrast, sharpness and distortion.   I really can't imagine that
you would be disappointed with it.

Regards

Gerry