Subject: Re: [Leica] Canoe trips...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:20:15 -0500

At 09:27 AM 3/29/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I've been on a number of "canoe" trips in Latin America... The dugout canoes
>I've been on can hold 15 to 30 people with outboard motors so it is not the
>two or three man ones people are used to in the U.S.
>
>The chances of one of these canoes tipping over is generally pretty slim,
>but not impossible...
>

>Duane (I hate shooting in rain) Birkey

Hi Duane -

Here is the kind of canoe I'll be traveling in:
http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Photo%20of%20Week/photo.htm

It's barely 3' wide, very tippable, and when you're in the middle of the
river with rain pouring down, there is no way to stay dry.  Sometimes there
is a little piece of wood wedged in for a seat, otherwise I'm sitting the
water in the bottom of canoe.  All of my cameras equipment and clothes will
definitely be sitting in the water!  The "watershed" bags that Dennis wrote
about look promising. I always carry my film in Tupperware containers so
that's no problem.  My clothes and I will always dry so it's just the
Leica's I have to worry about.  I hate shooting in the rain, too!

Thanks -

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com