Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] 25mm f4 Skopar
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:28:00 -0800

Austin-
I agree in principle, however, I am retired and get my camera money by
diddling on eBay, and swapping around for stuff I like. I know that the
Skopar may no approach the quality or durability of the Leica lens, but then
again I am not so hard on my equipment that I have had any lens or any make
fall apart on me, and since my developing and printing may not be the most
sophisticated, the difference in performance for me is not as important as
being able to afford a lens of this FL, just to try!
I am sure that if the performance to cost ratio came to the point where I
felt it necessary and prudent to get the Elmarit 24, I would do so, but for
experimenting in a 'new' venture, the Skopar seems perfectly adequate!
Dan ( taking those 'baby steps' first) Post