Subject: Re: [Leica] Waterproof Leicas?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:35:35 -0800

Tina-
At the risk of sounding like the fellow who admonished us against using a
hammer as our only tool, I would suggest that you carry the Leicas in a
waterproof case, and while in the canoe, use something like a Nikonos!
Iknow, I already hear the groans of the purists out there!
I do know that several photographers on 'expedition' use it because it is
proffed against dust, dirt, sand, water, and slogging through the mud! I can
see your use of the Leica and its array of tools while in the relative safe
place like a house or on a dry trail, but really, I don't think any right
minded person would fault you for using a NIKON (there, I said it!) if the
job required it!
I'll forgive you, easily! You got lots of other things more important to
worry about!
Dan ( Say! isn't that a Gaboon Viper over there?) Post

Oops, sorry- make that a fer du lance or emerald krait!