Subject: Re: [Leica] minilux
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:54:59 +0100

Hi Francesco,

Welcome to the list. I had a Minilux for about 6 weeks back in 1998 and sold it.
While the lens was impeccably sharp and the camera was nice and solid, I found
the ergonomics with the little push-buttons unacceptable. In addition, for my
shooting, which often involves the need to turn off the flash, it was very
inconvenient to have to push the flash mode button 7 (seven!) times to turn the
flash off--and it reverts back to the default AUTO setting when you turn the
camera off and back on. Again, the optical and mechanical quality of the camera
was excellent, but the ergonomics are in my opinion really bad. This may or may
not be an issue for you, depends on your style of photography.

Nathan

Francesco Caciolli wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm new on this list; just a question about a used minilux: someone can tell
> me something on this 'little' camera? I mean general functioning, bz bz
> motor, battery, lens sharpness ..
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks ,
> Francesco

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman