Subject: RE: [Leica] 12575 + diopters
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 06:05:17 +0000

B. D. Colen wrote:
snip
>It's one thing to charge $1995 for an M body; it's entirely another to
>charge $80 for a viewfinder diopter - especially when Nikon, which also
>charges plain silly prices for some of its add-ons, sells diopters for about
>$18. Is the Leica diopter 3x as good? I really doubt it.

My IIIf SM leica has a diopter adjuster and so does my Contax G2. These are
little nice "afterthoughts" which help to make cameras endearing to older
folks with eyesight problems. Would adding a diopter adjuster on an M
camera have compromised its structural strength and integrity of the body
shell that much?

Dan K.