Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 birth! :)
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:43:36 -0000

Interestingly I picked up an article from Erwin Putts pages which goes into
the history of the design of the R8.   This says that the original concept
was for it to balance well with a motor and longer lenses.   It says that
they wanted to get as close as possible to the feel of an 'M' (and that will
set flame throwers going) as possible.   Sounds like they might have
achieved it!

Gerry