Subject: Re: [Leica] lens hoodwink
From: "Rick Dykstra" <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 22:30:35 +1100

guy said

> p.s. i may try that with my 24 hood cover...

and then Jeff Moore said

>H'mm.  Did you remove material from the inside of the cover, or the
>top edge of the hood?  Sounds worth giving a try.

Guy, Geoff,

to be a little more helpful than I was at first, I used the scalpel to trim
away some material from the inside of the hood cover's little catch, that
clips over the bottom edge of the hood.  The catch will end up a little
thinner but it will clip over the hood as intended.  If done right, this
'plastic surgery' (thanks Scott Stewart) should not be perceptible

By the way, my lenses wear these hoods so they come off upwards.  They could
go the other way round I suppose, but they might fall off.  Then I'd have to
compete for one on ebay. YIKES!

Regards

Rick (not that worried about his hood) Dykstra