Subject: Re: [Leica] 4'33" (was: concert shooting)
From: Jeff Spirer <jeffs@hyperreal.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:42:40 -0800

At 04:45 PM 3/16/00 -0500, Disfromage@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 3/16/00 11:31:01 AM, Dan C. wrote:
>
><<How about a poetry recital, where no words are spoken?    Hey, I think I'm
>on to something!>>
>
>My son who is 13 had to demonstrate for one of his classes something that he
>enjoys doing. He is an avid reader, so he sat in front of the class reading
>to himself-didn't say a word.  Drove the other kids crazy.  He's braver than
>I was at 13!

I saw Cage in 1968.  He spent an hour sitting at a desk at which you
couldn't see what he was doing.  He worked on something that made mostly
scratching noises.  At the end of the hour, in his q&a, when asked what he
was doing, he held up paper from the desk and showed that he had been doing
transcriptions.

He did read from his book and play a few pieces on prepared piano, but some
people were so angry they left.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.hyperreal.org/~jeffs/gallery.html
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/