Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: concert shooting (was Leica Camera-Handling)
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:20:12 EST

In a message dated 3/15/00 10:07:48 AM, chucko@siteconnect.com writes:

>You're a kill-joy. "Rules" at a rock concert?

Hey, I don't understand why musicians don't want photos taken but they don't.
Apparently it is a copyright isssue or at least an attempt on their part to
preserve the value of their image. Photographers, of all people, ought to be
sensitive to the copyright concerns of others. A rock concert is a
semi-public event so one could make the argument that anything that takes
place in public is fair game. But to get into  the show you have to buy a
ticket which, as I understand it, is something of a license to attend or at
least an agreement with certain stipulations. Usually one of the stipulations
is no pictures. How would we, as photographers, like it if people so
blatantly disregarded OUR contracts and copyright protection statements?
Bottom line, though, is that I just generally have a problem with deceit.

Bob (call me Killjoy) McEowen