Subject: Re: RE: RE: [Leica] 50mm f1.5 Nokton question
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:21:21 EST

In a message dated 3/15/00 9:11:47 AM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

>But Bob, you are a shooter, not an acquirer..:-)

True, but I don't see how a "Voigtlander" lens made by Cosina has any more
acquirer value than a Cosina-branded lens. If anything, the Cosina is more
uncommon in the U.S. Incidently, I have seen the black Voightlander 15mm
offered for sale for as much as $530 here in the U.S. (and as cheap as $450).
Dr. Yao will sell you the Cosina version for $370. His LTM adapter is quite a
bit cheaper, too. I assume similar savings are possible on the other focal
lengths. The difference is a lot to pay for the meaningless "Voigtlander"
name . . .

Bob (squeezes a dollar pretty tight before he lets it fly) McEowen