Subject: Re: [Leica]XTOL Stock or dilute?OT
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 07:44:09 +0100

Dan,

Maybe it is your water...I use Delta 100 and the grain is extremely fine with
both XTOL 1:1 and Ilfotec DDX. You should always use distilled water at least
for the developer (I also use it for the stop bath and fixer).

Nathan

Dan S wrote:

> I must be using it wrong...When I went 1:1 the grain was pretty intense,
> even on Delta 100.
>
> I'm trying to get grain down to a minimum...but have only had success using
> straight or better.
>
> I wonder if water issues could cause my problems.  Our water is loaded with
> lime, so this could be effecting the development.  I'm going to try
> distilled next time.
>
> Thanks
> Dan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman