Subject: Re: [Leica] Film & Airport Security X-Ray Machines
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:14:49 +0100

None, I just made a generic statement based on the assumption that the machines
in such places are not as gentle to film as those in Western countries. As for
Middle East, my only experience is with Israel, and I would not expect much
consideration for your film over safety there--with good reason. I brought back
some exposed but unprocessed D3200 last year, without any ill effects from the
scan.

Nathan

Jeff Spirer wrote:

> Which third world countries have you had problems in?  I've traveled in
> Africa and Latin America without any problems, in fact, far better
> treatment for film than in Europe.  I have a trip planned to the Middle
> East (and hopefully Southeast Asia) and am wondering what experiences
> people may have had in airports there.
>
> Jeff Spirer
> Photos: http://www.hyperreal.org/~jeffs/gallery.html
> One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
> Axiom Records: http://www.hyperreal.org/axiom/

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman