Subject: Re: [Leica] spot in shutter curtain (burn?)
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:37:13 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 13/03/00 03:10:35 Paris, Madrid, kaxiras@cs.wisc.edu
a écrit :

<<
 Hello all,

 I just noticed a small spot less than 1 mm wide,
 above and to the right of the white circle
 of the shutter curtain in my (fairly new) M6HM TTL.

 It wasn't there before and I suspect it might be a
 small burn.
 It doesn't go through the curtain (I can't see
 any light coming through) but I haven't verified this
 with film.

 I have a few questions I hope you can help me with:

 1) If it is not a burn can you think of anything else
 it could cause a damage spot on the curtain?

 2) If it is a burn, is it likely to deteriorate into a
 hole ?

 3) The spot is grey and it reflects some light (it is not
 mat black as the rest curtain). Could it affect metering?

 4) Should I replace the shutter curtain? What does it take
 to replace it? Is it a major repair or something that can
 be done easily and quickly ? Will a repair affect the rest
 of the camera in anyway (externally or otherwise)?

 Thank you,
 Stefanos.

On my M6 classic , I have a small white spot right on the side of the white
reflective spot . Maybe yours is just a small
stain of paint like on  mine .
Jo GOODTIMES