Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V16 #36
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:50:32 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 14/03/00 18:59:24 Paris, Madrid,
nickpaleo@geocities.com a écrit :

<< Basic question:
 Can anyone tell me the difference in image quality in practical shooting
between new 2/35 asph and latest non-asph 2/35. I want to buy
 either, is it worth to spend extra money for asph, is it that different?
 Thank you. Nick P.

Hey Nick ,
This is just what I've done 3 weeks ago: getting the Asph and dropping the
non Asph . Decision was hard caus' the 35 / 2 no Asph was the lens I used the
most .
But I was on a Leica day in my area ( center of France ) and they offered
good rebates on new stuff .
After analizing my first slides shot with the Asph , I can tell you it is
worth the change . I shot a pile of old grey wood at full aperture in the sun
( High speed though ) on Ektachrome 100 and the results are very very good ,
especialy on the sides . The definition is great everywhere .
On the other hand , I think the non Asph 35 /2 ( latest non Asph ) has a too
small diaph. ring . Hard to turn with my wide fingers when the shade is on .
The diaph. ring on the Asph is bigger and easier to rotate .
Regards
Jo GOODTIMES