Subject: [Leica] The lens to beat
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 09:30:22 +0000

>>>I agree with you, but the same argument could be made when comparing
an $149 Pentax lens with a $2495 leica version  (for the average
person).
Bob Figlio<<<

Bob,
Actually, you mean $185, the current cost of the SMC Pentax 50mm f/1.4
FA lens. The lens to beat in a 50mm f/1.4. I _think_ I like the Leica R
version better (E55 filter thread, and my experience with it is too
limited to know for sure), but neither the Leica M nor the Nokton (not
to mention the Nikkor or the Zeiss SLR lenses) measure up IMHO.

Just my opinion...no flames please.

- --Mike

P.S. The big advantage of the 50mm Summilux-M is that it fits on the
right camera. I can't deny that!