Subject: Re: [Leica] for sale as a result of our studio going digital
From: "Julian Thomas" <mimesis@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 18:13:55 -0000

Ok,

I'm going to be on my own on this one BUT, sometimes cables can make a
difference. When I bought my last rig I got it home and hated it - went back
to the shop and they leant me the cables that the system had been demoed on
plus some others. I spent three weeks doing A/B tests and finally bought
some more expensive cables. Now the reasons for this happening have more to
do with the fact that modern hifi uses speaker cable, via the properties of
inductance and capacitance, to fine tune the sound. Having said all this my
ideal system is made by a local company called EAR and they use 13amp mains
cable to run their speakers.  I know Frank Dearney has a lot of experience
of Hifi so maybe he can comment? I suppose if you want to use a leica
analogy, using anything but 'good' cable is like using a UV filter on a
leica lens <g>.

Julian

Julian