Subject: Re: [Leica] .......polarizer.....
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 08:05:06 -0700

Mr. Lee,

The polarising filter is a sandwich of polarising material between two
pieces of glass. The screw in polarising filter has the glass element
sandwich in a rotating mount. In other words the whole glass sandwich
rotates as one unit. The series 7 polarising filter does not need a rotating
mount as the shade itself provides this function.

John Collier