Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica made in Germany
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 12:14:46 -0500

At 08:32 AM 3/9/2000 EST, Don Rorschach wrote:
>This weekend I was shooting in a wild animal park that allows animals to
>approach the vehicles with the M-3 and the new APO-TELYT-M 3.4 135 MM lens.
>I found I was constantly having to check the diaphragm ring to be sure it
was
>still set at 5.6.  The slightest touch or rub against the clothing changed
>the diaphragm setting.

Gee, Don, it seems that the folks in Solm save up the gear which flunks QA
just to sell to you!

I've had the 3.4/135 APO-Telyt for a year and a half, and love it.  And my
aperture ring is 'just right', neither too tight nor too loose.

And why were you rubbing the outside of the lens against your clothing?  Is
this a religious ritual, or some tribal totemism?

And did you really mean to suggest that the authorities actually allow
"animals to approach the vehicles with the M-3"?  Pretty damn sophisticated
wildlife you guys have out there!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!