Subject: [Leica] M4-P anyone?
From: calciua@hn.va.nec.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:06:55 -0500

Hi gang,

I was offered an M4-P yesterday and I received a picture showing the
largest area of damage on the thing. I am considering purchasing this
camera, but, being new at Leicas, I can use some hand holding.

This is a "user" with a number of marks all-over and with a fairly big dent
on the left hand side (as you hold it), near the film rewind.

The seller is a collector and he sent me several pictures, but the dent
seems to be the only major problem. He said everything works within specs
and the camera had a recent CLA. The finder is also clear and bright with
no haze.

As I said, I am new at Leica and any help you can provide to guide me would
be greatly appreciated. Also, because I get the digest, I would appreciate
your help even more if you could email me directly (instead of or in
addition to posting to the list). My personal email address is
mailto:a.calciu@usa.net
Andrei D. Calciu
NEC America, Inc.
No Archive