Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander Nokton
From: Anders Nygren <txmanyg@txm.ericsson.se>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 10:38:44 -0600

Doug Cooper wrote:

> Mike wrote:
>
> >One of your more curious posts, Mark. I was shooting with the M4 and a
> >Voigtlander Nokton this afternoon. Close enough for you?
>
> Close enough for me!  What I want to know, is:  how does the Nokton stack
> up?
>
> The Color-Skopar is now my favorite lens.  (The Heliar hasn't really been
> put through its paces properly; this is a lens that requires careful
> work on a tripod.  My handheld street shots have been less than
> satisfying.)
>
> While we're weighing in on non-Leica lenses that get discussed by
> Leicaphiles:  I've yet to be bowled over by the Zeiss 50/1.4, the supposed
> benchmark for normal lenses.  I have it on a Contax RTS, and am getting
> better results from, for instance, the Tamron SP 90 (first version) on the
> same camera.  I know Mike's not overly fond of this lens; anyone else here
> have experience?  (God, there must be *some* circumstances in which is
> shines; it sits at the top of just about every test ever issued.)
>
> Douglas Cooper

Here is what Erwin Puts writes about the Zeiss Planar 50/1.4 in his test
of the Nokton

"One of the last `new' 1.4 lenses was the Planar 1.4 for the Zeiss
Contax in the seventies and its performance was not breathtaking to put
it mildly."

For his full test see
http://www.imx.nl/photosite/japan/voigtl01.html

/Anders Nygren